The Jerusalem Municipality has issued guidelines for residents in the wake of the “Color Red” siren that sounded minutes ago as five rockets were reportedly shot down over the capital.
The guidelines are:
– Remain in your protected area for 10 minutes, unless given instruction otherwise. After 10 minutes you can come out of your protected area.
– In your protected space, sit on the floor under the window line against the most interior wall available, opposite any windows.
– We ask residents to maintain a clear path in the stairwells so that residents can reach the shelters quickly.
– Those not able to enter a building should lay on the ground and protect your head with your heads.
– Please do not remain in building entry plazas where there is risk of injury from debris and shrapnel should a missile fall near the building.
– Stay away from any unidentified objects or rockets lying on the ground. Report any suspicious objects or materials to the police.
– Municipal crews are prepared to handle the situation and have emergency plans in place throughout the city to allow as normal of a routine as possible.
– The public is asked to continue to listen to the media for further instructions.
– The municipality will continue to update its website, Facebook Page, municipal applications and [municipal call] center 106. Please follow the Home Front Command for guidelines and instructions.
Read more: Explosions echo across Jerusalem, central Israel as volley of rockets fired | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-pounds-dozens-of-gaza-targets-in-major-counteroffensive/#ixzz36uIVabAg
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook